Vonore Middle School
Events & Information
Failure is not an option.
Excuses are not acceptable.
Excellence is our goal.
The mission of Vonore Middle School is to provide an environment which promotes measurable academic growth, as well as emotional, social, and physical development, as we prepare all students to live in an ever-changing and diverse society.
The Regional NHD Competition was held on March 6, and several of the VMS entries won places in the Junior Division! These students will advance to the State competition in Nashville on April 11. Great job guys!
Junior Division Individual Exhibits
- 2nd Place: Ronald Reagan by Jacob Kadau
- 3rd Place: Abraham Lincoln by Justin Ellis
Junior Division Group Exhibits:
- 1st Place: Mozart by McCoy Blackburn, Ella Riley
- 2nd Place: Walt Disney by Taylor Jackson, Lexi Stamey
- 3rd Place: Mary, Queen of Scots by Olivia Carter, Haley Dupes
Junior Division Individual Website
- 3rd Place: Ford by Austin Kirkland
Junior Division Group Website
- 1st Place: John F. Kennedy by Zane York, Chris McCulloch, Kody Silver, & Rachel McMahan
- 2nd Place: Estes Kefauver by Olivia White, Kristi Eubanks, Evaliza Lee, & Jasmine Bright
- 3rd Place: Martin Luther King, Jr. by Logan Lanham & Lauren Barone
Junior Division Individual Documentary
- 1st Place: Cleopatra by Gracie Amburn, McKenna Garren, Autumn Goforth
The Scholastic Book Fair will be in the VMS Library March 9-13! Parent Conferences will be Thursday, March 12 from 3:30-6:30pm, and the book fair will be open during that time. We also have an online book fair website that will allow you to view and order books from March 4-March 16. Click here to access the online book fair..
VMS would like to recognize 8th grade students for winning 1st and 2nd places in the VFW's county-wide Patriot's Pen Essay Contest. Congratulations to Taylor Jackson, 1st Place, and Shaye Martin, 2nd place. We are very proud of all the great work our VMS students are doing every day!
Vonore Middle School now has a page on Facebook to share events and announcements at VMS! To find our page, click HERE, or you can search for Vonore Middle School and look for our school seal. Click LIKE on the Vonore Middle School page for updates and news about VMS!
As of September, VMS teachers are no longer using Engrade to record and track student grades. Our new student management system, EduPoint, allows the creation of parent accounts that function in much the same way for any guardian who wishes to keep track of your student's grades. In order to access an EduPoint parent account, we must create a username and password for you. Simply send a note to the VMS office with your name, your child's name, and a valid email address. We'll have you logging in soon!
Click on Events for More Information