Vonore Middle School
Events & Information
Failure is not an option.
Excuses are not acceptable.
Excellence is our goal.
The mission of Vonore Middle School is to provide an environment which promotes measurable academic growth, as well as emotional, social, and physical development, as we prepare all students to live in an ever-changing and diverse society.
Several Vonore Middle School students participated in the regional National History Day Competition at the University of Tennessee in Chattanooga. Our students did very well! In the Individual Exhibit category, Courtney Thompson won 2nd place, and Seth Moser won 3rd place. We took all three places in the Group Exhibit category with MacKenzie Harrill, Brittany Goforth, and Kaycey Bell winning 1st. In the Documentary category, Alyssa Matthews and Megan Hill won 1st place. In the Individual Website category, Michael Pattison won 2nd and Ben Duncan won 3rd. Lauren Barone and Logan Lanham won first place and Ben Millsaps, Krisi Eubanks, and Maria Cornejo won 2nd place in the Group Website category. Thanks to all the students and parents who went to Chattanooga to compete and represented VMS very well!br> br> br>
Monroe County Schools now uses MyPaymentsPlus, an online solution for managing cafeteria accounts. A free account provides an easy-to-use, efficient way to make payments quickly and securely anytime. You can say goodbye to the hassles of sending in multiple checks to multiple locations for multiple students. It can all be done with one payment on MyPaymentsPlus. MyPaymentsPlus also allows the ability to receive free low balance emails and in most cases view the purchases made in the cafeteria online.
Food City stores support schools through their Food City School Bucks program. Please visit this website to link your Food City ValuCard to VMS. Each purchase you make will then earn valuable points for our school!
- Freshman Orientation for 8th Graders @ SQHS - Thursday, April 17 @ 6pm
- AR Store - Thursday, April 17
- Progress Reports - Thursday, April 17
- No School: Spring Break - Friday, April 18
- VMS Cheerleading Tryouts - April 21-24 @ 3:30-5:30pm
- TCAP Testing - April 29-May 1
- Spring Play - Thursday, May 1 @ 7pm
- Progress Reports - Friday, May 2
- Buy One/Get One Free Book Fair - May 5-8
- All Library Books Due May 9
- Final AR Store - Monday, May 12
- 4th Nine Weeks Fun Day - Monday, May 19
- Eighth Grade Graduation - Wednesday, May 21 @ 9am
- 6th & 7th Grade Awards - Wednesday, May 21 @ 1pm