Vonore Middle School
Events & Information
Failure is not an option.
Excuses are not acceptable.
Excellence is our goal.
The mission of Vonore Middle School is to provide an environment which promotes measurable academic growth, as well as emotional, social, and physical development, as we prepare all students to live in an ever-changing and diverse society.
The Scholastic Book Fair will be in the VMS Library March 9-13! Parent Conferences will be Thursday, March 12 from 3:30-6:30pm, and the book fair will be open during that time. We also have an online book fair website that will allow you to view and order books from March 4-March 16. Click here to access the online book fair..
VMS would like to recognize 8th grade students for winning 1st and 2nd places in the VFW's county-wide Patriot's Pen Essay Contest. Congratulations to Taylor Jackson, 1st Place, and Shaye Martin, 2nd place. We are very proud of all the great work our VMS students are doing every day!
Winners of the school-wide spelling bee were: 1st Place, Taylor Jackson; 2nd Place, Stacia Martin; 3rd Place Morgan Zychowicz.
- Morgan Zychowicz
- Alyssa Randolph
- Rachel Frasure
- Chris McCulloch
- Taylor Jackson
- Stacia Martin
VMS students and community really came through for us on the Freemason's Harvest for the Hungry food drive! More than 20,000 non-perishable food items were collected county-wide, and VMS collected 5,335 of those items! Mr. Woody's class took 1st place in the county with 2,559 items and will win $1,000 in school supplies. Mrs. Baumgardner's room collected 1,451 items for 2nd place and $500 in school supplies. Dakota Brown collected 974 items, which earned him 1st place in the county, and a $250 prize. Macon Millsaps was 3rd in the county with 867 items collected, and won a gift certificate to The Lamp Post restaurant and tickets to Memories Theatre and Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg. Great job VMS students!
The National History Day competition this year focused on the theme of Leadership & Legacy. Students in grades 6, 7, and 8 submitted entries in the categories of individual or group exhibit and individual or group documentary. Winners were announced at the PTO Meeting Tuesday night.
8th Grade Individual Exhibits
- Billy Graham by Seth Moser
- Estes Kefauver by Tristan McGuire
- Abraham Lincoln by Justin Ellis
8th Grade Group Exhibits:
- Walt Disney by Taylor Jackson, Lexi Stamey
- Benjamin Rush by Hope Thompson, Megan Holloway
- Michael Jordan by Gavin McKee, Caston Moses
8th Grade Individual Website
- Ford Mustang by Ben Millsaps
8th Grade Group Website
- Estes Kefauver by Olivia White, Kristi Eubanks, Evaliza Lee, & Jasmine Bright
- Martin Luther King, Jr. by Logan Lanham & Lauren Barone
- Steve Jobs by Ben Duncan & Lucas Arden
7th Grade Individual Exhibits
- Nelson Mandela by Michael Pettigrew
- Ronald Reagan by Jacob Kadau
- The Titanic by Sheena Mullins
7th Grade Group Exhibits
- Mozart by McCoy Blackburn, Ella Riley
- Andrew Jackson by Kayli Hatfield, Melanie Stallcup
- Mary, Queen of Scots by Olivia Carter, Haley Dupes
7th Grade Individual Website
- Ford by Austin Kirkland
- Clinton by Emma Garrett
7th Grade Group Website
- John F. Kennedy by Zane York, Chris McCulloch, Kody Silver, & Rachel McMahan
6th Grade Individual Exhibits
- John Swatzell by Dakota Brown
- Andrew Jackson & the Indian Removal Act by Rachel Carmley
- Robert E. Lee by Austin Moore
6th Grade Group Exhibits
- The International Space Station by Hallie White, Kylee Cooper
- Abraham Lincoln - Jaden Regalado, Lolita Fernandez
6th Grade Individual Documentary
- FDR, the Four Term President by Alyssa Randolph
6th Grade Group Documentary
- Cleopatra by Gracie Amburn, McKenna Garren, Autumn Goforth
6th Grade Individual Website
- Walt Disney by Colby Self
- Andrew Jackson by Nicholas Smith
6th Grade Group Website
- Jennie Finch by Olivia Underwood & Brooklyn Duncan
Vonore Middle School now has a page on Facebook to share events and announcements at VMS! To find our page, click HERE, or you can search for Vonore Middle School and look for our school seal. Click LIKE on the Vonore Middle School page for updates and news about VMS!
As of September, VMS teachers are no longer using Engrade to record and track student grades. Our new student management system, EduPoint, allows the creation of parent accounts that function in much the same way for any guardian who wishes to keep track of your student's grades. In order to access an EduPoint parent account, we must create a username and password for you. Simply send a note to the VMS office with your name, your child's name, and a valid email address. We'll have you logging in soon!
Click on Events for More Information