Duty Guidelines for Teachers
- Bus duty starts at 6:30 a.m., real time. No
students shall be allowed to be dropped off before 6:30 a.m.
- Seat students in bleachers and floor by grade level and
gender. Third grade boys on floor front half of gym, girls on back half.
Fourth grade on right side of gym, boys front, girls back. Fifth grade on
left side of gym, boys front, girls back.
- First group of students to breakfast go at 7:00 a.m.
school time, all three grade levels. As other students come in, they go on
to breakfast on their own.
- No students should be up on the floor unless they are
leaving to go to or returning from breakfast.
- Students need to ask permission to go to the bathroom.
Send no more than one girl and one boy at a time. Others can line up
at the stage to wait for their turn.
- Nothing out of backpacks except for homework or reading
- Stay seated in gym until bell rings. Bell will ring at
7:45(school time) 7:50(real time). Dismiss students in this order: 3rd grade
boys, girls; 4th grade boys, girls; 5th grade girls, boys.
- No food, candy, gum, drinks (other than water), or toys
out during bus duty.
- Lunches need to stay put away or on the stage.
- Students usually enjoy watching TV (channels 54 Disney,
55 Nickelodeon, and 56 Cartoon Network) as they arrive in the mornings.
- Seat students on the floor in columns behind their bus
lines, beginning with bus 1 to the left side of the stage, continuing across
the gym toward the right side with bus 12 being the last bus line.
Students should sit in straight rows facing the stage. Exceptions:
Students with injuries or disabilities can sit on bleachers and sometimes girls who wear
dresses will ask to sit on the bleachers-separated.
- Turn on the TV for cartoons. Channels 54 Disney, 55
Nickelodeon and 56 Cartoon Network are their favorite channels.
- Students should use the bathroom or get a drink before
coming to the gym. If they must go, send one at a time, no one leaves the
gym after 3:30 due to the possibility of missing their bus while in the
- No food, candy, gum, drinks (except water) or toys are
allowed out during bus duty.
- Bus watchers need to stand inside gym doors and no more
than 2 bus watchers at a time.
- All parents must sign out their child if picked up in the
gym. Sign-outs will be at the front entrance of the school between 3:15 and 3:30. After
that they will be sent to the gym to wait to be picked up and they should
bring the sign-out notebook with them.
- Use infraction sheets and leave extras in the clipboard
or notebook. Take the ones you wrote and give to teachers or to Mrs. Moser
the next day.
- All faculty/staff children need to be sitting in a
designated area and not up playing in the gym.
- Return any notebook/clipboard left in the gym to the
office at the end of bus duty.