If you are interested in any of the following positions, please print out a job application and fax it to: Tim Blankenship @ (423)442-1389 ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE HIGHLY QUALIFIED (When Position Requires)
Positions for the 2017-18 School Year
Vonore Elementary – 1 Interim Teaching Position – Certification Required: 460, 461 (Beginning 1/9/18/-2/9/18)
Title: Jr Network Administrator / Engineer
Qualifications: Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or better, or two years or more years of equivalent experience. A+, Net+ preferred.
Reports to: Technology Director
Job Goal: Operates and maintains the network for all schools and offices in the Monroe County School District.
· Troubleshoots network problems and outages.
· Image and setup PCs.
· Experience with Windows 7 – 10 and Server 2008 – 2016.
· Manage email accounts.
· Manage Active Directory Accounts and Group Policy.
· Familiar with wiring standards, OSI model, and LAN/WAN standard practices.
· Manage network performance and security.
· Install network software, and establish and implement network policies, procedures and standards.
· Experience with switch or router CLI preferred.
· Other duties as directed by the Technology Director.
Room for advancement and growth.
Physical Demands: This job may require lifting of objects that exceed 50 lbs., with frequent lifting of objects weighting up to 25 lbs. This job may also require pushing/pulling, climbing, stooping and crawling.
Temperament (Personal Traits):
1. Adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
2. Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control of planning of an activity.
3. Adaptability to dealing with staff and faculty.
4. Adaptability to making generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria.
5. Must exhibit a flexible, patient, honest, caring, respectful, and compassionate nature.
Capacity and Ability Requirements: Specific capacities and abilities may be required of an individual in order to learn or perform adequately a task or job duty.
1. Intelligence: The ability to understand instructions and underlying principles. Ability to reason and make judgments.
2. Verbal: Ability to understand meanings of works and the ideas associated with them.
3. Numerical: Ability to perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately.
4. Manual Dexterity: Ability to move the hands easily and manipulate small objects with the fingers.
5. Form perception: To make visual comparisons and discriminations and see slight differences in shapes and shading of figures.
6. Color Discrimination: Ability to perceive or recognize similarities or differences in colors.
Work Conditions: Normal working environment.
General Requirements: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so assigned.
The Monroe County Board of Education provides equal opportunities to all person regardless of age, race, color, creed, disability or gender in all educational and employment practices with the intent of complying with various anti-discrimination laws to the extent applicable, including but not limited to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, as amended; the Americans with Disabilities act as amended; the Internal Revenue Code; Title VI, VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; as amended; and other applicable enactments or regulations.